Effective Date: September 26, 2018
As an essential part of our business, we collect and manage information. In doing so, we observe Canadian privacy legislation and are committed to respecting and protecting our users’ privacy and rights.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect certain of your personal information when you access or use the Services, including as follows:·
- when you create an account for the Services, we may collect your full name, email address and password;
- when you sign-up for a KANO newsletter, we may collect your name and email address;
- when you connect the Services to a social media account (such as Facebook, Google or Apple), we may collect your full name, email address, profile picture, age range, gender, other information you make public on the social media account and your friend list (unless you affirmatively revoke such collection);
- when you create an account for the Services or connect the Services to a social media account (such as Facebook, Google or Apple), your personal information may be linked to otherwise non-personally identifiable information such that we may collect information about how you use the Services or items you purchased at online stores associated with the Services;
- when you use the Services, we may collect your geo-location data, which we associate with your personal information and non-personally identifiable information;
- when you contact us for support regarding the Services, we may collect your full name, email address and, if required, Facebook information and associate this personal information with non-personally identifiable information (such as information about your computer or mobile device); and
- when you voluntarily complete surveys, provide feedback or participate in competitions relating to the Services, we may collect your full name and email address.
Although the Services may allow you to visit as a guest and remain anonymous, some Services may require you to provide us with your personal information. In these situations, if you choose not to provide us with all of your personal information that we request then you may not be able to access all content and features of the Services.
2. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may also collect other, non-personally identifiable information about you (such as statistical data) from you directly or from third parties (collectively, “other information”),
- metrics and other types of statistical data, which could be derived from your use of the Services (e.g., how you interact with the Services);
- information about how you access the Services (e.g., computer operating system and web browser, type of mobile device and unique device identifier, device settings, SDK version, mobile advertising identifier (Apple IDFA, Google Advertising ID or Android ID), MAC address, IP address, Wi-Fi information, your “click path” through the Services and the web site or advertisement that was linked to or from the Services); - diagnostic information concerning the Services (e.g., logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information); or
- apps you have installed and enabled and how you use those apps.
Although your computer or mobile device may allow you to turn off the collection of some of this other information, if you do so then you may not be able to access all content and features of the Services.
3. COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as beacons, tags, scripts and clear gifs) (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) are files that are sent by a service through your browser to your computer or mobile device, if your browser is enabled to accept them, in order to store certain information on your computer or mobile device and communicate with a service while you are online.
We may use Tracking Technologies in analyzing trends, administering the Services, tracking your movements through the Services and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may also use Tracking Technologies to remember users’ settings and for authentication and analytics. Our partners, affiliates, analytics or third-party service providers may also use Tracking Technologies for the same or similar purposes. We may receive reports based on the use of these Tracking Technologies by such companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
You can control the use of Tracking Technologies at the individual browser level, as Internet browsers will allow you to erase them from your computer hard drive, block their acceptance or receive a warning before they are stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage them
.You may still use the Services if you block Tracking Technologies, but some portions of the Services may not function properly.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business, including:
- Operations: operating, maintaining and providing all features of the Services, establishing and maintaining your account on the Services and protecting its security, responding to your comments and questions and providing user support (e.g., hosting and displaying information, providing updates or addressing technical issues) in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Communications: contacting you:
- for administrative purposes, such as customer service issues (e.g., providing customer support, resolving customer issues, informing you of changes to the Services, like outages, suspensions or other material changes); or
- if you have given your consent, for promotional or marketing purposes, such as serving you advertisements on the Services that are provided by us or by third parties we work with or, if you signed up for any KANO newsletter, contacting you for KANO news, promotional purposes or market research. You have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below in section 6. - Improvements: generating and analyzing information about our users so we can better understand them and how they use the Services, drawing rends and predictions based on this information and developing, improving or expanding the Services and users’ experience with the Services.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Sharing internally at KANO:
In order to use your personal information for operations, communications or improvements as noted above, we may share your personal information with our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or contractors.
Sharing with Third Parties:
We use third parties to provide services on our behalf (such as serving advertisements, fulfilling a purpose you requested of us (e.g., billing services), providing customer support and feedback, analyzing Services functionality and technical issues, sending useful notifications to user devices, tracking use of the Services and generating reports and data models that we use to improve the Services). We may share your personal information with these third parties and they may collect information from you (including your personal information) to perform these services.
These third party services may be embedded into the Services (such as through an API or SDK) or may take the form of Tracking Technologies, which enable these third parties to collect information on our behalf.
Please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” if you would like a list of third parties that we use and their corresponding privacy policies or see a full list of third parties we use by clicking here.
Sharing that we’re Required To Do:
Sharing on a Change of Control:
We may sell, assign or transfer your personal information as part of a transaction in which we buy or sell, assign or otherwise transfer KANO (including its shares) or its products, services, assets or businesses. In addition, we may also sell, assign or transfer your personal information in connection with mergers, acquisitions, corporate divestitures, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations or similar transactions or proceedings involving all or part of KANO.
You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website at https://www.kanoplay.com/privacy of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information.
You may be able to opt-out of mobile behavioral advertising by accessing the settings on your computer or mobile device and selecting the appropriate advertisement tracking settings.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
8. SERVICE COMMUNICATION FEATURES
Your personal information such as your username and profile picture on the Services may be visible to other users of the Services. We recommend you exercise discretion when selecting your username and profile picture and when using the Services.
If you choose to make any of your personal information publicly available on the Services (such as within our chat areas, instant message service, message boards or during use of the Services), it will be available to others, who can collect that information and which may result in unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for protecting any of your personal information that you may disclose to third parties through our Services (e.g., sending your telephone number to another user through the chat service). To the extent that you create a public profile that may be available to others on our Services, you are solely responsible for its content and accuracy.
To edit, change or delete any of your personal information that you make available through a public profile, please follow the instructions provided in the Services or contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US”.
If you remove any of your personal information that you have made public on the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of our Services or if other users have copied or saved that information.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
Right to be Informed:
Right to Access: You have the right to request access to and obtain a copy of any of your personal information we hold about you. This is known as “Subject Access Request”. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. To make a Subject Access Request, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
Right to Rectification:
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You have the right to ask us to correct any of your personal information we hold about you. If any of your personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to ask that we erase all of your personal information that we hold about you, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where deletion is not technically feasible.
If you wish to have us erase your personal information, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
Right to Restrict Processing:
If you wish us to restrict the use of your data, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
Right to Data Portability:
If you wish to move, copy or transfer your personal information that we hold in electronic form to another organization, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
Rights related to Automated Decision-Making: If you would like to object to automated decision making without any individual involvement, and to the profiling of your data, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below.
10. STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
12. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
KANO is concerned with protecting your privacy and your personal information, and we maintain a comprehensive data management and security programme and take precautions against possible breaches in the Services. We employ a security technology known as a secure-socket-layer, or SSL, to protect the transmission of critical account information through the Services. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security or safety of any information (including your personal information) you transmit to KANO or guarantee that your personal information in the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. Your use of the Services is at your own risk.
KANO urges you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by memorizing your password or keeping it in a safe place (separate from your account information), logging out of your account and closing your web browser.
13. COMPROMISE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information is compromised as a breach of security, KANO will promptly notify you in compliance with applicable law.
14. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
KANO takes the responsibility of protecting the privacy and personal information of children very seriously. KANO complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet.
If you are UNDER AGE 13
If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an account with or use the Services. We will not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child under age 13, please contact us.
If you are BETWEEN AGE 13 AND 18
Never tell anyone online anything private about yourself or your family or share your personal information (such as your phone number and address) unless your parent or guardian has approved the sharing of that information. Understand that certain social media platforms that you use to access the Services may have this information visible. Wherever possible, use screen names to protect your identity.
Some areas of the Services may have special rules for children under the age of 18. When you are in those areas, you must follow those rules.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to become familiar with the types of content available on the Internet, including our Services. Parents and guardians should regularly oversee their children’s use of e-mail and other online communications and transactional features. Control tools are available from online services and software manufacturers that can help provide a safe online environment for kids.
If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child has submitted his or her personal information without your permission or consent, please contact us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US” section below and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from the KANO database at your request.
15. DATA CONTROLLER
KANO processes your personal information as a controller, as defined in the GDPR.
17. COMMUNICATION PROCEDURES
We communicate with our users primarily by email, whether as required by law or for marketing and other business related purposes.
If you would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (e.g., unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) then you may do so by clicking a link within emails that we send to you or by contacting us as set out in the “HOW TO CONTACT US”.
If you would like to opt out of receiving push notifications from KANO, then, to the extent permitted, you may do so by changing the notification settings on your computer or mobile device.
18. OTHER IMPORTANT AGREEMENTS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF the SERVICES
19. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can contact us at any time to:
- request access to your personal information we have about you;
- correct any of your personal information we have about you; or
- delete any of your personal information we have about you.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at:
KANO Applications Inc.
Attn: Legal/Privacy Officer
500 - 844 Courtney St.
Victoria BC, V8W 1C4